Monday, November 11, 2013

ds106

Listening to the week 10 blackboard collaborate recording, I have to give credit to the youth who have the motivation to participate in a MOOC. I have read blogs and personally know students who do not have the motivation to successfully complete just an online course with a syllabus, forget consideration of the open style, free-form MOOC. Storytelling would be an interesting challenge just for experimentation or to get a foothold for something more permanent. #cmc11

3 comments:

  1. That's a great point; I have been struggling myself in working through the free form style of this MOOC. It's inspiring to consider youths with the motivation to follow through. Although it might be that the format suits them. I work so much better in the more structured format of a typical classroom or online class. Doing this class has be a true challenge for me. I'm curious, have you had any difficulties or problems? How did you deal with them? Thanks, Randy. #cmc11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, YES! I think everyone has encountered their own set of problems adjusting to a MOOC. I first made a checklist from the syllabus. I created a blog and saved it on my bookmark bar. Same with Diigo and all other CMC11 activities for ease of access to ensure daily participation. Respond to blogs, comments, and tweets. You will eventually discover your own learning style, just keep plugging away and absorb as much as you can from the readings and videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the input; I appreciate it. It has not gotten me 'down' or frustrated, even though it might sound that way. I just keep 'plugging away' at it and see where it will lead. It's definitely putting me in an area outside my comfort zone on occasion though. Thanks again:) #cmc11

      Delete